This easy and delicious dish is kind to both your taste buds and your heart!
- 1 c. long-grain white rice
- ½ c. sliced almonds
- 2 navel oranges
- ½ c. hot pepper jelly
- 4 salmon steaks or skinless pieces salmon fillet
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook your rice as you normally would.
- Meanwhile, spread the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until light golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes; transfer to a bowl. Heat broiler. Line a broiler-proof rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- Squeeze the juice from half an orange into a small bowl (you should have 2 tablespoons juice total). Add the jelly and whisk to combine. Place the salmon on the baking sheet, season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and broil for 5 minutes. Spoon half the jelly mixture over the salmon and broil until the salmon is opaque throughout, 2 to 5 minutes more.
- Cut away the peel and pith of the remaining 1 1/2 oranges. Cut the oranges into 1/2-inch pieces. Fold the oranges, almonds, and parsley into the rice. Serve with the salmon and the remaining jelly mixture.