- 1 Styrofoam cone (small or medium size) from your local craft store.
- Star Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Assorted fruits – Ex: green and black grapes, strawberries, kiwis, dried cranberries and a honeydew melon
- OR Assorted Veggies- Ex: Small broccoli florets, cucumber slices, black olives, yellow zucchini slices
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- My Styrofoam cone was green in color. If yours is white, you may want to drape in dark greed fabric for aesthetics or keep it white for a more modern, clean feel.
- Precut pieces ahead of time for assembly by children
- Using the cookie cutters create shapes out of the melon or veggie slices
- Attach toothpicks to the Styrofoam cone. Attach one piece to a toothpick. (Think free-form; as the tree starts building you will know more about which combinations are looking better and how densely packed you want your tree to be).
- Continue building the tree as dense as you want!
- Use cilantro leaves as grass garnish.
Enjoy your new edible tree AND the memories of creating it!