Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Serves: 9
- 3 cups chopped veggies of your choice
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 12 uncooked oven-ready whole grain lasagna noodles
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Chop the veggies. Saute the onion and garlic in the oil over medium high heat. Add veggies and saute until tender. Set aside.
- Whisk egg into ricotta cheese and stir in fresh spinach.
- Pour a little sauce in the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan. Top with 4 lasagna noodles,1/2 cup ricotta mixture, ½ of the veggies, and ¾ cup sauce. Repeat; top entire pan with noodles, remaining sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more or until cheese is bubbly.
For my veggies, I used broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and red peppers. Check the lasagna at 30 minutes and add ¼ cup vegetable stock if the lasagna looks too dry.
Reference: Skinny Veggie Lasagna