Did you know that gastrointestinal disease affects 60-70 million Americans annually? Are you one of them?
Looking at the pathway of digestion, it begins as soon as food passes the lips. Saliva contains digestive enzymes to begin the breakdown process. Enzymes combined with good chewing practice, food particles are then swallowed and continue through the internal pathway. The acidic environment of the stomach has additional enzymes that further breakdown food so that nutrients are readily available for absorption in the small intestine. Unfortunately, there are many reasons why the body struggles to absorb the nutrients provided in our food. Often referred to Malabsorption Disorder, here are a few causes:
- Inadequate production of digestive enzymes (ex: gall bladder, liver, or pancreatic diseases)
- inflammation of the intestinal lining (ex: Crohn’s Disease or Ulcerative Collitis)
- Immune diseases such as Celiac Disease
- Prolonged anti-biotic use
- Daily medications such as cholesterol-lowering medication, hormone replacement therapy, and Diabetes medications
- and poor food choices.
Symptoms often associated with malabsorption include:
- excessive gas
- abdominal discomfort or cramps
- bruise easily
- and more
Luckily, there is help available! Due to the frequency of digestive problems today Standard Process has spent a significant amount of time developing products that not only provide easily digestible nutrients, but the enzymes needed to absorb the nutrients. For the month of April, we are promoting Multizyme and it’s vegetarian counterpart, Enzycore.
- Enzymes provide support in the gastric and intestinal phases of digestion
- Supplemental pancreatic enzymes support pancreatic function
- Contains microbial enzymes for action within a broad range of pH
- Contains a blend of enzymes that comprehensively break down fats, protein, and carbohydrates
- Kale and beet powder included to support healthy digestive process
- Contains 350 mg L-glutamine, an amino acid used as a building block for other amino acids; also provides energy to cells with high energy needs (like those in the intestines)
- Provides support during both gastric and intestinal phases of digestion
Unsure if these products can help you? Just ask! Body Logic is here to help you take control of your health and get the most out of your food.