Check out what’s happening at Body Logic for the month of October!
To Celebrate, we are sharing a few fun facts about chiropractic care!
- The word ‘chiropractic’ comes from the Greek words cheir( meaning ‘hand’) and praktos ( meaning ‘done’), i.e. Done by Hand. The name was chosen by developer of chiropractic, Daniel David Palmer.
- Palmer performed his initial chiropractic adjustment in September 1895.
- Today, there are more than 70,000 active chiropractic licenses in the United States.
- Worldwide, back pain is the single leading cause of disability, preventing many people from engaging in work, as well as other everyday activities.
- Back pain can affect people of all ages, from adolescents to the elderly.
For more facts and additional information about chiropractic care, please visit http://www.ACAtoday.org.
Susie Haas is originally from Pennsylvania. Susie recently joined our Body Logic family as a receptionist. She believes first impressions are made the moment a patient walks through the door. A warm smile and friendly greeting go a long way in making a patient feel welcomed and comfortable. Susie’s experience in customer service, and the health and fitness industries include working as a receptionist for her family’s printing business, as well as teaching fitness and cardio classes at various gyms, and park and recreation facilities in Pennsylvania. Virginia Beach has been her home for the past 5 years, and she can’t think of a better back-drop than a sunrise on the beach to wake up to each morning. Susie lives in Sandbridge with her Fiance, and has three children. ” Winners Don’t Even Know They’re in the Race…They Just Love to Run” is one of her favorite quotes, and applies that to everything she does, and everyone she meets. She enjoys being part of the Body Logic family, and looks forward to meeting you!
” I Started with back pain in 2016. My doctor ran some tests, found the problem, and sent me to physical therapy. The next step was pain management (They gave me a back brace, and more PT). The physical therapist explained that the goal was to manage the pain. Then I went on a cruise in September 2018, and ended up walking bent over. I started with Dr. Amanda who was able to get me standing straight, and gave me further management techniques that work! I will never be 100%, but I am 100% better, and standing straight most of the time. ~ L.A
For the month of October we will be having our candy corn contest. Guess how many candy corn candies are in the jar. The closest without going over will win a free 60 minute Swedish massage!
Dr. Scott and Dr. Amanda will be celebrating their 7th wedding anniversary on October 20th!
Chastity our massage therapist will be celebrating her birthday on October 15th!