Have you ever noticed that some people are more prone to getting sick than others? Have you ever heard someone say ‘If I get sick, It’s going to turn into bronchitis?’ Have you ever asked yourself “WHY?”
While the world continues to live in fear of the COVID-19 pandemic, this is the best time to look in the mirror and ask yourself “What can I control?”
You Can Control Taking Care of You!
Lifestyle choices have an incredible impact on the strength of your immune system. And the strength of your immune system directly impacts how well your body can fight illness, including illnesses caused by viruses.
Lifestyle choices that support a healthy, strong immune system include:
- Eat a diet rich with fruits, vegetables, and healthy proteins! Foods with fewer ingredients on the food label are typically good choices. Shopping the perimeter of the store is your best bet to avoid foods full of preservatives and chemicals. The less work it takes for your body to digest it’s food, the better!
- Avoid sugar!! We’re stressed out, staying home, and bored… typically the perfect combination for a nice sugary treat. BUT that’s not the best for your immune system! Consistent high sugar intake causes inflammation in the body. And the combination of sugar and inflammation leads to other disease processes such as heart disease and Diabetes, which does NOT naturally support a strong immune system.
- Drink water… and lots of it! You’re stuck in the house right now, no complaining about the numbers of times you’re hitting the bathroom. Click here to learn why water is so important. There’s a reason why you hear it from our doctors and massage therapists ALL the time!
- Stay active! Increasing blood circulation throughout the body helps on so many levels- from helping circulate nutrients around the body to supporting the elimination of toxins and waste out of the body. Exercising the heart, our most important muscle, strengthens it to withstand other health challenges. Endorphins are released from the brain with physical activity, helping reduce stress levels. And there are many more reasons…
- Rest and maintain a healthy sleep schedule! The body requires down time in order to heal and recover from the previous days activities. This is particularly true when you are under additional mental and emotional stress. The better we sleep, the stronger the immune system. Click here to learn more. There’s no better time than now to catch up on those extra Zzzzzz’s as the world hunkers down to be safe.
Other Resources for Immune Support
Wouldn’t it be great if simply following the above recommendations resulted in super-human immune system strength?? But that’s not always the case. Stress is one of the biggest challenges we face when trying to maintain or improve the immune system.
Let Standard Process supplement the vitamins and minerals you need!
Standard Process Whole Food Nutrient Solutions provide the best quality vitamins and minerals that the body can readily use. With their various combination of nutrients and variety of products, there’s something for everyone! Specifically designed products for immune support are available. For general health needs, we use a Systems Survey. Based on the results of the survey we are able to narrow down recommended products on an individual basis. Dr. Amanda is offering to review your systems survey for FREE To facilitate access to these high quality supplements. Simply fill out the Systems Survey and drop it off or email it to email@example.com. Please include your name and contact information so we can contact you directly! We carry many products in the office. And there is access to even more through ordering online. NOTE: these products are physician-regulated and should not be purchased through Amazon or other re-sellers to ensure you are getting the product you wish to purchase.
The power of the Chiropractic Adjustment
Using the chiropractic adjustment, we support the things you can control! Maintaining spinal alignment and mobility often results in better sleep quality. There is also endorphin release and stress reduction immediately following your adjustment. Besides pain reduction, there’s good reason you simply feel better after getting adjusting! Our doctors are also great accountability partners, helping patients achieve different lifestyle goals on a daily basis. We help people move better, feel better, and live better!
The need for mental and emotional support during this time…
The current state of the world can be challenging for many different reasons. No matter what hat you wear in life (sometimes many different hats!), it helps to surround yourself with quality support systems. As a mom, wife, doctor, business owner, and more, Dr. Amanda understands the importance of having that those support systems in place. Here are two local resources she uses and highly recommends:
Arnel Tanyag with Tanyag and Company. Dr. Amanda has been utilizing Arnel’s services as a business adviser for nearly 10 years. He has been instrumental in establishing policies and procedures to support Body Logic as a business, while maintaining the mission and vision that is the backbone of Body Logic.
Mary Holt with All Things Possible. Dr. Amanda has worked with Mary intermittently for the last 10 years. Mary’s background includes helping individuals in both the personal and professional settings. As your “accountability partner,” Mary works with you to help achieve your goals through an objective and healthy perspective.